When you need a beautiful flower hairpin or headband, this easy crochet flower pattern is perfect. Also it is good as embellishment for a bag or a hat.
Here is what you will need:
- yarn in 2 colors (I recommend using 100% cotton yarn)
- hook size recommended on the ball band
- sewing needle, scissors.
The resource you may find helpful in following this pattern: Crochet Abbreviations
Using color 1 crochet a Ch 58
1. Start from 2nd loop from hook: 57 sc (57)
2. Ch 4, turn, 1 sc in 3rd st, (ch4, skip 2 sts, 1 sc in the 3rd st) * rep 18 (Photo 1, 19 ch-4 spaces in total)
3. Turn, repeat the following combination in each ch-4 space: 1 sc, 6 dc, 1 sc. Fasten and cut the yarn, leaving a 12” (30 cm) tail for gathering the flower later.
4. RS is facing you, work BLO : connect color 2 into 1st sc of prev rnd with 1 sl st, 6 sl st into back loop of 6 dc crocheted in prev rnd (Photo 4), 1 long sc between shells, to do so: insert your hook into sc of 1st rnd between 2 shells (Photo 5), pull up a loop and crochet sc (Photo 6 and 7), (6 sl st into back loop of 6 dc, 1 long sc) * repeat 18, fasten the yarn and hide (Photo 8)
Gather the flower in a spiral way and sew around with left yarn tail (Images 9, 10, 11 and 12)
You can decorate the flower with a bead. If you want a hairpin, glue or sew the flower on a snap hair clips.